Meet Our Orthodontist
Rhoda Lockett, DDS, PC
Dr. Lockett is excited to practice in Colorado Springs! She has always aspired to enjoy life and family, while creating lasting friendships and serving her community. As a young child, she herself needed orthodontic treatment, which further fueled her interest in the field of dentistry.
Dr. Lockett has studied multiple areas of dentistry before realizing her desire of becoming an orthodontist. As a dental hygienist, she was able to forge connections with patients, while also teaching them the values of proper dental hygiene and how it relates to overall health. She was then able to practice as a dentist and provide complete dental care to her patients. As she arrived at her dream profession of being an orthodontist, she was able to combine all of her dental knowledge to provide a comprehensive approach to her orthodontic patients. Dr. Lockett offers a full range of orthodontic treatment including, but not limited to, traditional braces, clear ceramic braces, lingual braces, Invisalign®, functional appliances and retainers.
Community service is an important aspect of Dr. Lockett’s personal life. Mentoring youth, promoting health awareness and uplifting the Colorado Springs community is her passion. Family is the core of Dr. Lockett’s heart. She is happily married with two wonderful children and two spunky dogs.
- Bachelors of Science, Certificate in Dental Hygiene – University of Detroit Mercy, Detroit MI
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery- Howard University College of Dentistry, Washington D.C.
- General Dentistry Practice Residency- Bronx Lebanon Hospital, Bronx NY
- Certificate in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics- Howard University College of Dentistry, Washington D.C.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Colorado Dental Association
- Colorado Springs Dental Society
- American Dental Association
- Colorado Springs Orthodontic Study Club
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated. Iota Beta Omega Chapter
- The Links, Incorporated. Colorado Springs (CO) Chapter